The design you choose for your signage is vitally important.
It should clearly communicate who you are, what you do and what you stand for. Your signage is an extension of your business, so make sure you choose a design that shows your business at its best.
At Kalsigns, we can help you create a bold and memorable custom design for your business. This includes:
- Indoor and outdoor branding signs
- Information/wayfinding signage
- Fleet vehicle signage and wrap
- Branded safety signage
What to consider when creating a design
Many businesses come to us with an idea in mind but no idea how to get it from concept to finished product. We employ three in-house graphic designers that will work with you to create your custom design. There are a number of factors to consider before we begin the creative process, including:
Where your sign will be located can influence the style of your design. You ultimately want your signage to stand out and be noticed so consider the colours and environment around you. Will people see your sign for a fleeting moment or will it be positioned in a place they can stop and read?
If you’re creating a new design, you’ll need to understand contrasting colours. Remember, you’re creating a sign to get noticed. An experienced designer will help you decide which colours work well together and how to make certain areas of your signage stand out. As mentioned above, you’ll also want to consider the contrasting colours of your surrounding environment.
Good signage is simple signage. Anyone should be able to see, read and understand your sign in seconds – this is why a simple, clear font is best. Your designer will also recommend whether anything on the sign should be bolded or bigger. The amount of wording or graphics is also crucial to the sign’s success. If your sign is too busy, it will become hard for potential customers to read.
One of the most powerful elements you can include on a sign is blank space. It’s natural for a business to want to fill the sign they paid for, however, choosing to have blank space will create a greater impact.
What if I have an existing design
If you’re upgrading, upsizing or ordering a replacement sign, you can send through your existing design information and we’ll process your order immediately.
To get the best result for your signage, we recommend you follow the artwork specifications below.
- Artwork to be supplied should be created in CorelDraw 13, Freehand MX, Illustrator CS3 or sent as an open PDF.
- Artwork and images can be supplied as TIFFs, JPEGs or EPSs. Minimum resolution of 300dpi at a scale 1:10.
- Please supply all logos as vectors.
- Supply all text in your preferred font. Please forward us the name of the font.
- Supply PSD files (layered Photoshop files) if possible.
- Allow at least 100mm bleed on all artwork.
- Colour specs, layouts and proofs must be supplied with artwork and be sure to include all four sides of the design.
If you require any guidance with your signage design, please contact the team at Kalsigns today.